Our cutting-edge robotics client is commercializing a new generation of wearable robotic prostheses and orthoses—built upon ground-breaking research at MIT’s Biomechatronics Group. The commercial launch serves as a springboard into the multi-billion dollar market for lower-extremity applications of wearable robotic systems. The Company has the financial backing of top-tier firms, including General Catalyst, Sigma Partners and WFD Ventures.
We are seeking a talented Electrical Engineer who loves tackling technical challenges and has a passion for making a big difference in the quality of life for many thousands of people.
Reporting to the Principal Electrical Engineer, the Electrical Engineer will be responsible for:
- With supervision, perform troubleshooting the PC boards in the current product line.
- Support senior electrical engineers in design of medical device products to meet customer needs, manufacturability, cost, quality, reliability, effectiveness.
- Write product specifications, verification procedures and technical reports
- Electrical design verification, support for electrical safety and emission testing, troubleshooting support for current products
- PCB layout with emphasis on proper grounding, signal integrity, and EMC requirements
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 2+ years experience in an Electrical Engineering role applying engineering or design fundamentals to real world problems
- Familiarity with digital, FPGA, DSP, analog and power electrical engineering circuit design, theory and associated tools
- Experienced in new product bring-up including writing small software routines for diagnostic development and machine control
- Strong track record of individual performance in a fast paced environment
- Basic knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements for medical and commercial applications
- Altium PCB design experience
- Willing to take on whatever assignment is necessary
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Robotic or similar electromechanical experience
- Experience with document control techniques
- Able to develop small software routines using Python
- Familiarity with MATLAB
- Experience working in an FDA compliant company
For more information about this position, please contact: