Our cutting-edge robotics client is commercializing a new generation of wearable robotic prostheses and orthoses—built upon ground-breaking research at MIT’s Biomechatronics Group.
The commercial launch serves as a springboard into the multi-billion dollar market for lower-extremity applications of wearable robotic systems. The Company has the financial backing of top-tier firms, including General Catalyst, Sigma Partners and WFD Ventures.
We are seeking a talented Principal Mechatronic R&D Engineer who love tackling technical challenges and has a passion for making a big difference in the quality of life for many thousands of people.
We are looking for a hands-on senior mechatronic developer / engineer, with an embedded design background – that includes firmware, circuit and power electronic, basic mechanical design, and (bio)physics – to join this research and development team.
Requirements and preferences:
- Develop embedded processor firmware in C and python test scripts to bring up, calibrate and test new wearable robotic platforms.
- Design, layout and package DSP, wired and wireless communications, power electronic and battery functions and interconnects in the wearable robot.
- Develop industrial-strength, hardware abstraction layer control firmware—to include motor current control; actuator impedance and torque control; force and position sensing; battery power supply and battery management functions.
- Collaborate with other members of the design team to achieve systematic, high-coverage test of the robotic system—to include unit, sub-system, system and customer validation tests.
- Conduct design verification and design validation tests of the electronic functions and prepare formal test reports covering same.
- Experience with dsPIC and Arm Cortex processors is desired.
- The successful candidate will be self guided and creative and have a strong track record in rapid circuit and firmware development of mission critical systems in an Altium / Solidworks design environment.
- The successful candidate will have strong electro-mechanical packaging skills.
For more information about this position, please contact: