Technical Support Technician /Field Engineer
This innovative robotics venture is a fast-growing start-up in Massachusetts. These robots do things that robots
have never done before. They improve working conditions and productivity in real-world, labor-intensive work environments. Come join the game-changing team!
We are searching for a Technical Support Technician/Field Engineer. This person will work directly with our customers to keep robots running smoothly.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a solid customer support background, possess the skills to diagnose and fix problems, and have the ability and desire to travel regularly in the U.S. (4-6 or more trips per month).
• Answer customer questions in person, by phone, or by email
• Inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair robots
• Train customer mechanics to fix and maintain robots
• Debug to subsys./subassy. level; escalate and assist engineers as needed
• Develop and document calibration, test, debug, and repair procedures
• Collect customer data; keep detailed and accurate logs and notes
• Write service, inspection, and incident reports
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience (ideally in technical support or field service engineering)
• Expert knowledge of a complex, electromechanical product
• Comfortable debugging software-driven systems using interactive software tools, log files, etc.
• Mechanical terminology, assembly/inspection, troubleshooting experience
• Capable with basic hand tools and light rework
• Familiar with metrology, inspection, alignment/calibration
• Experience supporting optics, sensors, motors, or moving parts is a plus
• Must be careful, meticulous, and detail-oriented
• Highly organized, with effective time and task management skills
• Strong communicator, both written and verbal
• Proficient in Spanish (spoken or written) highly desirable