Ready to work on something exciting and challenging “again”? We are searching for a Senior EE that has a proven track record of releasing complex electro-mechanical products in the field. Our Client is developing a family of low cost and highly intelligent robots that can perform simple tasks in a manufacturing environment, increasing the productivity of the people around them who are doing the more highly skilled and value-added work. They are nothing like any existing industrial robots.
Founded by one of the world’s foremost Roboticists, our Client is revolutionizing manufacturing robots and the very nature of what people think a robot can do and be. They are safe to interact with people at close range and are easy to train and retrain on the fly. More importantly, this innovation is driving a new economic reality, making it more competitive to manufacture products in the US, Europe, and Japan, rather than outsourcing to low-cost regions.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer will be an intrinsic part of a dynamic, collaborative team that believes deeply in the value of what they are doing and that they can achieve it (have already released first version with great success). They think big, but have a bias for action and “making it happen.” While they’re changing the world with this visionary invention, they know that customers only pay for successful execution–so they’re focused on both. They’re out in front anticipating their customers’ needs, ahead of the technology, and ahead of expectations. They’re humble, they’re great, and they’re unconventional. Changing the world has never been this much fun.
Sr. Electrical Engineer Mission & Responsibilities
We are looking for an innovative, analytical and experienced Sr. Electrical Engineer to perform challenging tasks including design, testing, fabrication, and evaluation of prototypes and production designs. The successful individual will be eager to participate in a small team environment of highly talented and dedicated peers. Attention to detail and high standards are a must.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer assists in converting product requirements and subsystems requirements into solid electrical designs that meet performance, unit cost, reliability, regulatory, and time to market requirements. Experience with analog, digital, motor control, digital communications, FMEA, Hazards analysis, regulatory compliance, and working with suppliers is essential.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- MSEE or equivalent experience preferred
- At least ten years experience designing complex electromechanical products employing motors, servo systems, power supplies, sensors, digital communications and electrical interconnect systems
- Hands on skills for rapid prototype development and evaluation
- Knowledge of brushless DC motors and motor drive techniques very desirable
- Thorough analytical approach to designing reliable embedded systems across component variation, environmental influences, and variability in product usage
- Experience with regulatory testing, EMC compliance, product verification and validation
- Proven track record of released products in the field
- Proficiency with Pspice, Orcad, Pads, Altium, MS Office, Matlab or equivalent.